How Custom Made Videos are Important
Customized Video Content Can Be the Marketing Breakthrough Which Brands Need
Custom made videos now top the list of all marketing content, be it internal or e-commerce listings. Marketers are crawling to account for customized videos in their strategies, marketing budgets and team structures for 2019. This idea of engaging clients with exclusive, effective, targeted content personalized to them is certainly attractive.
Now, it’s simpler to tailor content as per the customer’s requirements, get their attention, and create a lasting relationship with them.
Rush for Customization
Why is customization suddenly the latest hype, though? Intuitively, it feels right to customize all your content for your prospects and customers but let us understand the reason behind this trend.
- 200 million+ people now use ad blockers
- 78% of CMOs think custom videos are the future of marketing
- 81% of marketers perceive increases in customer engagement
- 75% say, dynamic, custom made videos across channels is very important
- 46% of marketers cited lack of time as the biggest hurdle to content personalization
- 81% of people want brands to know them and understand when to approach
- More than 78% of customers only pursue offers if they are customized to previous engagements
- 93% of companies see greater conversion rates with personalization
So, ads perform more poorly, customer engagement is on the up and people want brands to speak to them alone. Added to these videos is the most engaging content asset.
What is a Customized Video?
A video that is customized and relevant to each one of your audience groups, be it prospects, customers, or influencers. There are many ways of personalizing videos as there are brands, marketers, and audiences.
A holiday greeting with customer’s name on it, a series of picture slides when your client last visited, or a video of colleagues chanting your top client’s name are all good examples of personalization in videos.
The more nuanced use of customized videos comes up in Account Based Marketing (ABM) where a series of customized videos to website visitors or e-mail subscribers show up when they first interact with your brand or business.
How to create Customized Videos?
The goal of videos is not only entertainment. But they can be a rescue boat for your relationships with your customers and increase sales, too. Custom made videos contain the recipient’s personal information. Each video generated has details and messaging, which is aimed at talking to the recipient one-on-one.
Imagine you want to send out a Diwali video to your audience, and each video had a different name in it. This would be personalization for sure, but to achieve this, you would need a hundred people and months of planning, which is not very scalable, is it? You need to hire a custom video agency.
You can say that in today’s digital era where almost any mobile phone can be used to shoot decent quality videos, then anybody can make their own mini-movie, then why to hire.
The main difference between casually made videos and custom made videos is quality. With a professional custom video, these can be transferred to different formats, and can even be uploaded to YouTube.
If you have videos that have an older format, a custom video production video expert will be able to transfer that for you into a custom video.
Who should try Video Customization?
Most of the things depend on what your brand is, how prepped you are for videos and customization. Here are a few areas that can truly benefit from customized videos so much that you will wonder why you never tried it before:
1. Personalized Invitations: People are more likely to respond to a personalized invitation over a generic one. Event managers made expensive invitations videos, burned them onto tape, and sent them to speakers or premium sponsors, personalizing them to ensure participation.
Think of videos as the digital counterpart to those tapes, only better and at scale.
You can personally invite each of your customers or leads to an event, to a landing page, or to a demo booth. You can even thank them with a customized video. E-mails are the most preferred channel for custom videos but try others, too.
2. Connect through social media: You can boost your social media campaigns with the magic of customization. It can be an effective way to raise awareness, increase engagement, and strengthen your relationship with your targeted audiences.
For example, charities can make customized videos to thank their donors, engage more people in fundraisers, and build a strong and engaging community of supporters.
3. Personalized brand story: These are one of the best ways to draw your audiences’ attention to your campaigns, products, or services and new updates. It is a great way to show gratitude to your users for being a part of your journey and convert them into your loyal customers.
Who should try Video Customization?
Adding customized explainer videos to your marketing plan can give you the best results in the acquisition phase of your marketing plan. Your potential customer provides his/her information through website activities, filling forms, and being active on social media, etc.
Here are some benefits of including these valuable data in creating custom videos for your audience:
- Customized videos can help you drive your sales. It reaches to your customers at a personal level. Seeing their name, address, and other personal details get your customer’s attention efficiently.
- Using these videos for inactive users in your marketing campaigns can increase the open rate by five times than a standard, regular email.
- Customized videos engage twice as many people, who receive customized videos spent 62% more time on the campaign landing page.
- A study found that customized video increases click-through rate by around five times over standard emails.
- A study found that customized video results in 280% higher returns than standard emails.
- Since the customer gets tailored content according to his/her needs and preferences, customized explainer videos can also be a great medium to increase conversions.
- Using custom videos in an integrated marketing plan, which can give you an opportunity to connect with the audience and acquire leads and new customers.
- Customized videos have 35% higher retention rate over conventional videos.
- Customized videos have around 16 times higher click-to-open rate and around 4.5 times increase in unique click-through.
Who should try Video Customization?
Marketers can see an exponential increase in conversion through custom made videos marketing.
When done well, it can help you achieve elevated brand awareness and also acquire new customers, and build a long-lasting relationship with them. However, you should know that these videos are not magical; they need a good marketing campaign and a wise search engine optimization (SEO) strategy to support them.
Also, bear in mind that your custom explainer videos are made to stand for your brand on the web, so if the video is poorly done, your entire brand would be the one to blame. If you are thinking of investing your budget on a pre-made template video, think again, as it would cost a lot of money to get the results you are looking for.
Its costs would be way more expensive in the long term than making a high-quality fully custom animated video by hiring a custom video agency. If you like to leave a lasting impression to your clients then you can use custom made videos with